- Remove trash from sidewalks, curb lines, and tree wells
- Sweep sidewalks and curb lines
- Pressure wash areas with safety, health, or sanitation hazards
- Remove graffiti and stickers from the public realm and under 8’ (see the Graffiti Removal Authorization for more detail)
- Remove weeds
- Maintain alleys (report and track illegal dumping and bulky items, pressure wash as needed, and remove trash, weeds and graffiti)
- Maintain district trash cans (supply and change liners, remove trash daily to the City landfill)
- Provide dog waste bags for SPBID Mutt Mitt stations
- Communicate to owners of private property when conditions like graffiti, broken windows, or debris exist
Safety Ambassadors perform routine patrols of the district on bicycles, segways, or on foot, and respond to safety calls 24 hours a day,
seven days a week. Call (866) 560-9346 to dispatch an Ambassador to:
- Respond to any non-emergency safety incidents (in an emergency, please call 911, then SPBID)
- Assist with panhandling and other illegal activity
- Assist with trespassing, including graffiti in progress, at the street level or building exterior (see LAPD Trespassing Arrest Form for details)
- Respond to noise complaints and provide assistance within city regulation
- Accompany anyone walking within the district to their destination
- Perform wellness checks and 6:01 AM wake up calls to keep the path of travel clear of homeless encampments
- Jump start a vehicle
- Communicate to owners of private property if conditions like broken windows or gates exist
In addition to providing these services, SPBID works closely with LAPD and other City Agencies, L.A. LIVE, STAPLES, and Convention Center Security. For more information on clean & safe operations, contact Katie Kiefer, Director of Operations.
The South Park Business Improvement District (SPBID) is here to help you establish, operate, and grow your business by providing a direct line of communication to a business development representative. Businesses located in South Park also reap the benefits of the BID’s relentless efforts to maintain neighborhood cleanliness and safety. South Park is the place to be.
find a location
Thinking of opening or relocating your business? South Park is a rapidly-expanding community in the entertainment capital of the world, comprised of an eclectic crowd of residents and tourists alike. To view our currently available and in-development spaces, click here.
promote your business
The BID is here to help connect your business to South Park residents, employees, and visitors. Promotional opportunities include:
- Inclusion of your business and current promotions in newsletters and social media
- Host a “Green Carpet” Event: Once a month, the BID organizes a free event for the Downtown LA community to attract new customers to your business.
- “Show Your Badge Program” – The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (LATCB) “Show Your Badge Program” allows Convention Center attendees to receive discounts and special offers at participating locations. Participating South Park Businesses include:
For more information, please contact Wallis Locke, Director of Communications and Policy.