LA 2024 Virtual Venue Tour to Highlight Low-Risk, City-Wide Sports Parks Concept
Around the Rings
April 20, 2017
LA 2024 today launched a series of virtual venue tours to highlight its innovative city-wide concept comprising four integrated Sports Parks.
New renderings for the LA 2024 Downtown Sports Park, the beating heart of the Games, kick off the series, showcasing world-class existing, planned and temporary venues. Each venue has been selected to deliver a high-tech, celebratory, athlete-centered experience for every participant, and minimize financial and operational risk. The Downtown Sports Park’s competition and non-competition venues are:
• City Hall and Grand Park – Olympic Cycling, Marathon, and Race/Walk; Paralympic Marathon and Road Cycling
• Galen Center – Olympic Badminton; Paralympic Badminton, Judo and Taekwondo
• LA Convention Center – Olympic Fencing, Boxing, Taekwondo, and Table Tennis; Paralympic Boccia, Goalball, Table Tennis, Wheelchair Fencing and Wheelchair Rugby
• LA Memorial Coliseum – Olympic and Paralympic Athletics
• LAFC Stadium – Olympic Soccer
• Main Press Center at USC
• Media Village at USC
• Microsoft Theater – Olympic Weightlifting and IPC Powerlifting
• Olympic and Paralympic Family Hotels at LA Live
• Staples Center – Olympic Basketball and Paralympic Wheelchair Basketball
• USC’s Dedeaux Field – Olympic Swimming, Diving, and Synchronized Swimming; Paralympic Swimming
Like all of LA 2024’s Sports Parks, the Downtown Sports Park is connected to LA’s growing public transit system and lies within a single, integrated secure perimeter where all attendees will be able to walk easily from one venue to another in a safe, festival atmosphere. Each of LA 2024’s Sports Parks will include dining, music, sponsor activations, sports showcases and celebration Live Sites for event and non-event ticket holders to enjoy. LA 2024’s dynamic ticketing model – connecting nearby fans with available tickets in real time – will ensure every athlete in every sport competes in front of full stadiums with passionate, engaged supporters.
LA 2024 Chairman Casey Wasserman said: “LA is the right choice for 2024 because our city can host the Games without having to build any new permanent venues or an Olympic and Paralympic Village. I am thrilled to share these virtual tours of our world-class venues, to demonstrate how LA 2024 is prepared to offer the lowest-risk and sustainable solution for the future of the Olympic Movement, and an unforgettable Olympic festival experience for everyone in 2024.”
LA 2024’s Sports Park innovation enhances the traditional concept of a singular “Olympic Park” by offering four unique Sports Parks in Downtown Los Angeles, the South Bay, the Valley, and Long Beach. The four LA 2024 Sports Parks will include multiple sports venues, a Live Site, showcases for Olympic and Paralympic sports, marketing partner activations and numerous dining and retail options, all within a secure perimeter. Each LA 2024 Sports Park is designed to enhance the Games-time experience for every participant, while delivering significant operational and cost benefits to the OCOG and making sustainable use of LA’s considerable existing assets. The Sports Park concept ensures athletes, officials and fans from around the world will be able to enjoy LA’s diverse geographies and cultures, and allow as many Angelenos as possible to experience the Games on their doorstep.
For more information visit LA24.org.
For more information or to view the original post, click here.