Board Elections 2018
The South Park Stakeholders Group (SPSG) Board of Directors nomination period is now closed. For those nominated, the application process is underway.
It is the right of all property owners within the new boundaries of the South Park Business Improvement District (SPBID) to nominate either themselves or their designee to be considered for the Board. Property owners must be current with assessment payments. Only property owners or their designee can nominate.
A minimum of 2/3 of the Board of Directors must be property owners within the district. The remaining Board may be business tenants, local stakeholders, or community at-large representatives.
The Board term is two years. There is no term limit.
The Board will be looking for individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to South Park as well as overall diversity and composition of the Board. Past participation in South Park BID initiatives, as well as knowledge of local issues will also be considered. The Board maintains the right not to accept any new members.
For more information contact Katie Kiefer, Director of Operations.
The nomination period for the 2018 Board of Directors is September 18, 2017 to September 29, 2017.
The survey will close at 5:00 PM on September 29.
All nominees will be sent an electronic application form once the nomination period has ended. The current Board will be voting on the incoming members at the October 26, 2017 Board Election Meeting.
Contact information is required for the property owner and nominee.
Members of the SPSG Board of Directors are expected to:
- Attend 6 Board meetings per year. Each meeting is 1.5 hours.
- Actively participate on at least one of South Park’s two sub-committees, which meet every other month for 1.5 hours:
- District Identity & Marketing Committee (DISI): Marketing and branding of South Park, including brand development, publicity, special events, marketing and promotions, etc.
- Operations & Enhanced Beautification Committee (SOBO/EBO): District clean and safety services as well as related operations/enhanced amenities and services.
- Represent South Park at BID events and key meetings with stakeholders and City leaders