The South Park Stakeholders Group is looking for an Operations Manager to join our rapidly developing office in the heart of Downtown, Los Angeles. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of the renaissance occurring in this growing area of L.A. where you will play an important role in making an impact for local residents, businesses, and tourists.
We are looking for a diligent, detail-oriented and proactive team player, who possesses strong management, administrative & computer skills, to assist and enhance the South Park Business Improvement District office in Downtown Los Angeles. The candidate must demonstrate meticulous book keeping, event, and meeting preparation skills, in addition to having advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Drive) and capacity to learn various program softwares. Basic understandings of social media, WordPress, Constant Contact, and real estate are a bonus. The company is looking for a proactive candidate who can work and assist the senior leadership of the office to advance the organization.
The purpose of the South Park Operations Manager position is to ensure that the office runs smoothly by managing the systems that keep the team working together, and picking up key details in the day-to-day operations of the workplace. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, basic administrative functions, assisting senior staff with key projects (including but not limited to community related, board meetings, and events), maintaining database records, and organizing meetings. The proposed functions for the Operations Manager are:
- Event planning: coordinate the logistical details of events, including the creation and analysis of event evaluation surveys.
- Bookkeeping: Manage vendor relations, prepare and track invoices, track financial flow, receipt log, prepare bank deposits, and process invoices bi-monthly.
- Reports: Prepare quarterly reports to the City and other reports as required.
- Assist with IT and A/V support as needed, or facilitate assistance.
- Enforce and update Standard Operations Procedures and other guides as necessary.
- Manage office filing system – both electronic and hard copies.
- Maintain and regularly update all office databases and organizational documents – such as contact database, spreadsheet updates, and other items both online (dropbox.com, Smartsheet.com) and in files.
- Prepare for onboarding of new staff and interns.
- Assist the Communications & Policy Manager on coordinating mailings, eblasts, newsletters, and other larger communication pieces.
- Update website and social media outlets, as necessary.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations as necessary on behalf of the Executive Director to community members.
- Assist Executive Director in meeting preparation by sending electronic reminders, posting agendas, and tracking RSVPs.
- Manage agendas for staff meetings as well as Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Document and distribute weekly staff meeting minutes, Board of Directors and committee meeting minutes, and other meeting minutes.
- Ensure office is prepared for meetings by setting up meeting room, assisting with drink/food orders, agenda packets, invitations, etc.
- Serve as key point of contact for external guests and internal team regarding information, and other needs.
- Maintain all office assets and place orders on materials as needed.
- Track informational kiosk materials and coordinate deployment, and publicity of deployment, with Safety Program Manager.
- Maintain the office calendar, updating it with key events, birthdays and ensuring clean/safe team and other staff are up to speed on office events.
- Assist with management of intern(s) and intern projects.
Skills & Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Google Drive required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Ability to easily learn new computer software programs and technology, such as Constant Contact and WordPress.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced administrative skills.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Ability to work in a professional environment and maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and be able to withhold confidential information, including the ability to remain calm and efficient during stressful and emergency situations.
- Listening, responding and speaking clearly, concisely and accurately to emergency and routine requests for assistance.
- Strong research skills.
- Desire to work as a team player.
- High School Education required, advanced degree preferred.
The Operations Manager position will be a full-time, at-will, salary position. The Operations Manager is expected to work at a minimum 40 hours/week, from 8:30a – 5:00p at the South Park BID offices, located at 1100 S. Flower St. #3400, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
After completing a three month trial period, the Operations Manager will receive full medical/dental and vision benefits and paid holidays. South Park BID can also provide parking.
Will be based on skills and experience.
To apply on CareerBuilder, click here.