South Park II BID
Property owners of the area located immediately east of South Park have been approved for the formation of a new Business Improvement District (BID). This new BID, South Park II, bounded roughly by Olympic Blvd, the alley between Main/Broadway, the 10 freeway, and Margo (alley between Grand/Olive), will be managed by the South Park Stakeholders Group.
South Park Stakeholders Group is comprised of proportional representation from South Park BID and South Park II. Day-to-day operations will be directed by the current South Park BID office.
View the South Park II Management District Plan here.
Read the press release announcing SP II here.
South Park II BID Services
SP II services began January 2, 2016.
Five officers are assigned to clean the SPII district six days a week, with service hours from 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM. The officers are managed by Streetplus, the same company that oversees SP I security.
In an effort to clean SPII in the most efficient manner possible and to prepare the area for the El Niño storm season, the initial services focus heavily on trash and debris removal, and detailing curb lines and storm drains.
Details of SP II service include:
- 40 hours of pre-assignment training were completed, including classroom and field exercises, to ensure that clean team officers were prepared to begin services on January 2, 2016.
- Services for Phase I; Part I ( January 2 – January 16, 2016) included:
- trash and debris collection and removal
- curb lines
- storm drains
- removal of small graffiti on street fixtures
- Services for Phase I; Part II (January 18 – January 30, 2016) continued services outlined in Phase I in addition to:
- pressure washing
- Services for Phase II & III (February 1 – March 4, 2016) focused on small and large graffiti removal.
- Services for Phase IV (March 4 – March 31, 2016) includes continued graffiti removal, weed abatement, and detailed cleaning.
To view the full schedule of services January – April 2016, click here.
Graffiti Removal Permission Form
Graffiti on street fixtures, sidewalks, and other surfaces not on private property and below 10 feet will be documented and the clean team will attempt to remove by various methods, to include pressure washing or painting over the graffiti. Graffiti on private property and below 10 feet, with permission from the property owner and completion of the Right to Entry Form, the clean team will document and attempt to remove by pressure washing or painting. The property owner is responsible for providing the matching paint. Graffiti on private property and above 10 feet require special safety precautions equipment. The clean team will document and attempt to remove with the permission of the property owner and completion of the Right to Entry form. The property owner is responsible for providing the matching paint and access to the building after hours.
Please download the form here, then mail to Sergio Ureña at: 1100 S. Flower St., Los Angeles, CA, 90006
SPII Welcome Packet
South Park II property owners were mailed an introductory packet in early February. The packet included important information about the SPII service schedule, SPII FAQ, and BID facts.
To view or download the packet, click here.
Didn’t receive a packet? Please contact Operations Manager, Katie Kiefer, at email@example.com to update your contact information.
To date, the SPII Clean Team collected over 16 tons of trash and removed over 500 graffiti tags.
Maintenance Service Updates:
- January 2 – January 23, 2016
- January 24 – January 30, 2016
- January 31 – February 6, 2016
- February 7 – February 13, 2016
- February 14 – February 20, 2016
- February 21 – February 27, 2016
- February 28 – March 5, 2016
- March 6 – March 12, 2016
- March 13 – March 19, 2016
- March 20 – March 26, 2016
- March 27 – April 2, 2016
- April 3 – April 9, 2016
- April 10 – April 16, 2016
- April 17 – April 23, 2016
- April 24 – April 30, 2016
- May 1 – May 7, 2016
- May 8 – May 14, 2016
- May 15 – May 21, 2016
- May 22 – May 28, 2016